Are we going to war in Venezuela?

3,124 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Mag Tiger
Mag Tiger
How long do you want to ignore this user?
And should we?
I haven't heard of the author of linked article, but he seems to raise some very alarming points about us possibly preparing for war in order to oust Maduro. I sure hope we don't pursue this path, if true.

I'm not in favor of using the military power of the US to effect regime change. Some here may disagree with this pov. That's fine. I don't like our leaders and our country going out in search of wars to be fought. Don't confuse this view and think I'm an "isolationist". Far from one. Maduro needs to go yesterday, but not at the point of an American bayonet. When the Venezuelan people truly, finally get enough, they'll take care of the problem themselves. That includes their military. They'll come to the point of seeing Maduro's a lost cause and many will rebel against his rule. But, if we get involved militarily, this will have the effect of Maduro gaining the support of his people to repel a "Yankee" invasion. This course of action would not end well if implemented.

This above is my opinion only. Feel free to agree or disagree.

http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/archives/shocking-intel-it-is-being-alleged-that-weapons-and-ammunition-are-being-moved-into-position-for-the-coming-war-in-venezuela
Tiger Stripe
Mag Tiger said:

And should we?
I haven't heard of the author of linked article, but he seems to raise some very alarming points about us possibly preparing for war in order to oust Maduro. I sure hope we don't pursue this path, if true.

I'm not in favor of using the military power of the US to effect regime change. Some here may disagree with this pov. That's fine. I don't like our leaders and our country going out in search of wars to be fought. Don't confuse this view and think I'm an "isolationist". Far from one. Maduro needs to go yesterday, but not at the point of an American bayonet. When the Venezuelan people truly, finally get enough, they'll take care of the problem themselves. That includes their military. They'll come to the point of seeing Maduro's a lost cause and many will rebel against his rule. But, if we get involved militarily, this will have the effect of Maduro gaining the support of his people to repel a "Yankee" invasion. This course of action would not end well if implemented.

heeconomiccollapseblog.com/archives/shocking-intel-it-is-being-alleged-that-weapons-and-ammunition-are-being-moved-into-position-f
I'd have no problem with using special forces being used in-country to train and lead rebels - that's their main mission, anyway (at least army special forces).
Mag Tiger
Tiger Stripe said:

Mag Tiger said:

And should we?

heeconomiccollapseblog.com/archives/shocking-intel-it-is-being-alleged-that-weapons-and-ammunition-are-being-moved-into-position-f
I'd have no problem with using special forces being used in-country to train and lead rebels - that's their main mission, anyway (at least army special forces).
I'd have no problem with us training their army. I'm sure we do that now with a number of countries. Just wouldn't want that to be used as a reason to get involved with the fighting to come.
Tiger Stripe
Mag Tiger said:

Tiger Stripe said:

Mag Tiger said:

And should we?

I'd have no problem with us training their army. I'm sure we do that now with a number of countries. Just wouldn't want that to be used as a reason to get involved with the fighting to come.
Ha ha, I wrote the above before I read the article - looks like the article's writer and I agree. Training and arming the opposition is the way to go, not sending in conventional troops.
Mag Tiger
Tiger Stripe said:

Mag Tiger said:

Tiger Stripe said:

Mag Tiger said:

And should we?

Ha ha, I wrote the above before I read the article - looks like the article's writer and I agree. Training and arming the opposition is the way to go, not sending in conventional troops.
My position as well.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.