REPUBLICANS DOING MORE THE HELP BIDEN THAN ANY DEMOCRAT

1,406 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 5 mo ago by DontBanMeBro
Chaseff
How long do you want to ignore this user?
It took into the 4th day and what? 15 separate votes to elect Kevin McCarthy speaker. He will be the weakest Speaker in recent history...and the GOP will find a way to screw things up on so many votes. They are handing Biden a gift with their stupid chaos. A year ago...It looked like the GOP would sweep both houses of Congress and likely headed to recapturing the WHITE HOUSE.

One year later, due to unelectable candidates pushed by DONALD TRUMP ,,,in the primaries with him giving them no money....The GOP actually had a net loss of one Senate Seat, Lost a key governorship in Arizona, and lost an opportunity to win a governorship in Pennsylvania and in the process lost House seats they were expected to win, had a margin of perhaps a pick up of 30-25 House to narrowly winning back the House which lead to the chaos of the past week where it took multiple votes before a weakened speaker is named. They have turned the House victory to a hollow one at best.

I would not be surprised in Biden sent them a large thank you note. SMDH.....
Mag Tiger
Chaseff said:

It took into the 4th day and what? 15 separate votes to elect Kevin McCarthy speaker. He will be the weakest Speaker in recent history...and the GOP will find a way to screw things up on so many votes. They are handing Biden a gift with their stupid chaos. A year ago...It looked like the GOP would sweep both houses of Congress and likely headed to recapturing the WHITE HOUSE.

One year later, due to unelectable candidates pushed by DONALD TRUMP ,,,in the primaries with him giving them no money....The GOP actually had a net loss of one Senate Seat, Lost a key governorship in Arizona, and lost an opportunity to win a governorship in Pennsylvania and in the process lost House seats they were expected to win, had a margin of perhaps a pick up of 30-25 House to narrowly winning back the House which lead to the chaos of the past week where it took multiple votes before a weakened speaker is named. They have turned the House victory to a hollow one at best.

I would not be surprised in Biden sent them a large thank you note. SMDH.....

And how do you see the GOP screwing up?

Will it be because the conservative wing may play hardball on certain issues?
Will it be that the conservative wing won't automatically cave to the establishment?

I found the process for electing the Speaker rather refreshing in some ways. It's good to see the stodgy status quo get shaken up for once. I'm pleased there are some Republicans who aren't afraid to stand on principle without regard to the inevitable blowback. Dems should take notice. Perhaps then could the American people have a true deliberative body in the House.

Edit to add,,,,,
I didn't really care for what Gates and Boebert did. After the conservative caucus apparently hammering out a deal earlier, they were both saying how they were good with things. It appeared they were both going to vote for McCarthy, only to seemingly renege and vote "present". Watching it all unfold, looked like things got a little heated before cooler heads prevailed. All in all, these two should've voted for the deal they had a hand in forging.
Richyb83
Thanks for saving me the typing Mag Tiger!

Freedom Caucus

DontBanMeBro
There is no political solution. The sooner you realize that, the sooner things can get much worse, so that they may one day get better.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.