Custom Home prices

673 Views | 1 Replies | Last: 5 mo ago by Mag Tiger
fizBuzz
How long do you want to ignore this user?
My wife and I own 3.3 acres in Zachary and we're about a year out from starting to build but we're just doing our research to start planning. I've designed the home so it is fully custom, but it's nowhere near extravagant. We met with a builder (respected in the area) and he said their median cost-per-sq-ft is $220 right now. My jaw fell to the floor. I'm STILL shocked by it.

I'm wondering if anyone on here has built recently and what was the cost experience? If there are any experts, what is the outlook for construction costs in the next year?

I can't imagine $220/sqft being the normal going forward. That is just outrageous.
Mag Tiger
How long do you want to ignore this user?
fizBuzz said:

My wife and I own 3.3 acres in Zachary and we're about a year out from starting to build but we're just doing our research to start planning. I've designed the home so it is fully custom, but it's nowhere near extravagant. We met with a builder (respected in the area) and he said their median cost-per-sq-ft is $220 right now. My jaw fell to the floor. I'm STILL shocked by it.

I'm wondering if anyone on here has built recently and what was the cost experience? If there are any experts, what is the outlook for construction costs in the next year?

I can't imagine $220/sqft being the normal going forward. That is just outrageous.
Good grief, that's high! Everything in the housing sector is out of whack, from high rates to lack of existing inventory. We've been looking at existing homes in the Denham Springs area as wife wants to be closer to family. It's been slim pickins' so far. Good thing that we're content to wait a little longer to see how things shake out after the first of the year.
I am convinced that there are more threats to American liberty within a 10-mile radius of my office than there are on the rest of the globe. Dr. Ron Paul, former US Congressman
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.