Sandy Hook gun case

2,678 Views | 1 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Mag Tiger
Mag Tiger
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I find it a hard sell for me to believe a gun manufacturer can be held liable for the actions of people who use the product. As usual, the weapon used is intentionally mislabeled in order to confuse the ignorant. According to plaintiffs attorney, discovery is needed in order to find out how this "military" weapon got into civilian hands. If this is to be believed, then perhaps the military needs more stringent regulations to prevent that from happening.

If this suit is upheld, then every manufacturer of every product used in conjunction with the commission of a crime must be held liable for that use. It's just not fair to single out certain products because some people don't like them.

https://www.courant.com/news/connecticut/hc-news-sandy-hook-gun-ruling-20190314-pwcw3qncazb7zkitbbkocmplka-story.html
Tiger Stripe
Mag Tiger said:

I find it a hard sell for me to believe a gun manufacturer can be held liable for the actions of people who use the product. As usual, the weapon used is intentionally mislabeled in order to confuse the ignorant. According to plaintiffs attorney, discovery is needed in order to find out how this "military" weapon got into civilian hands. If this is to be believed, then perhaps the military needs more stringent regulations to prevent that from happening.

If this suit is upheld, then every manufacturer of every product used in conjunction with the commission of a crime must be held liable for that use. It's just not fair to single out certain products because some people don't like them.

https://www.courant.com/news/connecticut/hc-news-sandy-hook-gun-ruling-20190314-pwcw3qncazb7zkitbbkocmplka-story.html
"We further conclude that PLCAA does not bar the plaintiffs from proceeding on the single, limited theory that the defendants violated CUTPA by marketing the XM15- E2S to civilians for criminal purposes, and that those wrongful marketing tactics caused or contributed to the Sandy Hook massacre."

So, the plaintiffs have to prove that Remington marketed their ARs to civilians for criminal purposes. Good luck with that. If that were Remington's marketing strategy, it's a dismal failure. Just a fraction of a percent of ARs are used for criminal purposes. Btw, there are an estimated 8-10 million ARs in the US.
Mag Tiger
Tiger Stripe said:

Mag Tiger said:

"We further conclude that PLCAA does not bar the plaintiffs from proceeding on the single, limited theory that the defendants violated CUTPA by marketing the XM15- E2S to civilians for criminal purposes, and that those wrongful marketing tactics caused or contributed to the Sandy Hook massacre."

So, the plaintiffs have to prove that Remington marketed their ARs to civilians for criminal purposes. Good luck with that. If that were Remington's marketing strategy, it's a dismal failure. Just a fraction of a percent of ARs are used for criminal purposes.
They know this. I believe this tactic is but a poison pill of sorts to be used to influence the pols in Congress and also to sway public opinion in order to enact a ban on the AR platform rifles. Another part of the radical, Marxist agenda the left is pursuing today.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.