Dallas DA not prosecuting thefts up to $750

2,785 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Mag Tiger
Mag Tiger
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Can officials in this country get any more stupid? Why would you not do the job you're elected to? DA says he won't prosecute unless the thief profits from the crime. Unreal! Hey, Dallas DA, what about the victim here? I guess their loss doesn't matter, as long as it's under $750.

https://bigleaguepolitics.com/dallas-d-a-announces-get-out-of-jail-free-card-for-theft-up-to-750/
jandk
So if someone defends their property under 750 with violence, do they get to walk
Mag Tiger
Probably not. You're a law abiding citizen, so by this DAs logic, you will be made an example of. Just how upside down this garbage is.
Tiger Stripe
jandk said:

So if someone defends their property under 750 with violence, do they get to walk
Nope, you're not allowed to defend property with violence, but you can defend YOURSELF (or someone else) with violence, so if someone's trashing your car and you shoot him and there is no camera, tell the cops he was trashing your car and you came out to stop him and he attacked you. If there's a camera . . .
Mike Scarborough
Staff
last December my credit card was stolen by a manager of a fast food restaurant. She was caught on tape doing it.

I was told i was one of two she stole that night. She then went all over Baton Rouge buying gift cards at CVS and Walgreens. She charged just enough to not get a felony.

The police officer told me that the state legislature keeps raising the felony amount because they dont want minors getting felonies on their records because they are constantly stealing other kids iphones in middle and high schools.

So, I guess if iphones get to 2 thousand bucks, that will be the new felony amount.
Mag Tiger
Sorry to hear that, Mike. Unfortunately, as long as legislatures and others that constantly move the goal posts on things like this, there will never be any accountability. We're doing our kids a disservice by not holding them responsible when they do unacceptable things.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.