State of the Union

3,791 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Mag Tiger
Tiger Stripe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Best state of the union speech ever. Trump was great.
Tigershark89
Tiger Stripe said:

I often wonder why "state of the Union" speeches are long or even necessary these days. They started right after the civil war I believe for the President to comment on the literal state of the union.

So this is how I'd see a modern "state of the union" go:

Senators, Members of Congress, Justices of the Supreme Court, ladies and gentlemen,

this time last year and when I took office, we had 50 states firmly committed to the union. As of today...we still have 50. I have not heard of any looking to leave the union, nor or we looking for any new to join this year. I can report that it appears highly likely that at least for the remainder of this year, there will remain 50 states in the union. Thus, I report the union is strong!

Thank you and good night.
Mag Tiger
Tigershark89 said:

Tiger Stripe said:

I often wonder why "state of the Union" speeches are long or even necessary these days. They started right after the civil war I believe for the President to comment on the literal state of the union.

Senators, Members of Congress, Justices of the Supreme Court, ladies and gentlemen,

this time last year and when I took office, we had 50 states firmly committed to the union. As of today...we still have 50. I have not heard of any looking to leave the union, nor or we looking for any new to join this year. I can report that it appears highly likely that at least for the remainder of this year, there will remain 50 states in the union. Thus, I report the union is strong!

Speeches aren't constitutionally mandated, but Article II Sec 3 requires the president to present Congress "from time to time" information about the state of the union, and present ideas and recommendations for their consideration. He, at his discretion could just present it in writing. Nowadays, its political theatre at its finest. Or worst, depending on one's pov lol.
Tiger Stripe
Mag Tiger said:

Tigershark89 said:

Tiger Stripe said:

Speeches aren't constitutionally mandated, but Article II Sec 3 requires the president to present Congress "from time to time" information about the state of the union, and present ideas and recommendations for their consideration. He, at his discretion could just present it in writing. Nowadays, its political theatre at its finest. Or worst, depending on one's pov lol.
lol, I agreed with every single thing he said, and it gave the dims conniptions, which makes it even better.
Tigershark89
Tiger Stripe said:

Mag Tiger said:

Tigershark89 said:

Tiger Stripe said:

lol, I agreed with every single thing he said, and it gave the dims conniptions, which makes it even better.
Did he say anything about states like California wanting to bolt and form their own country, thus the "State of the Union" is hanging by a thread?
Tiger Stripe
Tigershark89 said:

Tiger Stripe said:

Mag Tiger said:

Tigershark89 said:

Tiger Stripe said:

Did he say anything about states like California wanting to bolt and form their own country, thus the "State of the Union" is hanging by a thread?
No, but I would have liked for him to say, "Good riddance, but you're not taking federal property with you (46 percent of California is owned by the federal government, including most of the oil bearing property)."
Mag Tiger
Tiger Stripe said:

Mag Tiger said:

Tigershark89 said:

Tiger Stripe said:

Oh, make no mistake, so did I. I think it was his best speech yet, bar none. The man really wants to do what's right for the country.

I've been following politics for a long time and I've yet to see a president, even Reagan, push policies that puts America first as much as Trump has. From scrapping/redoing NAFTA, ditching the notorious, sovereignty crushing TPP, playing hardball with China on trade, scrapping the so called nuclear deal with Iran, withdrawing from the fraudulent, money grabbing Paris Accords, engaging NK to try talking sense into them, the ongoing effort to secure the southern border, taking on the discredited media, and so on and so on. He has taken some big time hits for doing these things from those that stand to lose the most from the changing status quo. The people of this country, at least the ones who wish to see the US succeed based on it's founding principles, are standing with the president still. I am one of these.

Tiger Stripe
Mag Tiger said:

Tiger Stripe said:

Mag Tiger said:

Tigershark89 said:

Tiger Stripe said:

Oh, make no mistake, so did I. I think it was his best speech yet, bar none. The man really wants to do what's right for the country.

I've been following politics for a long time and I've yet to see a president, even Reagan, push policies that puts America first as much as Trump has. From scrapping/redoing NAFTA, ditching the notorious, sovereignty crushing TPP, playing hardball with China on trade, scrapping the so called nuclear deal with Iran, withdrawing from the fraudulent, money grabbing Paris Accords, engaging NK to try talking sense into them, the ongoing effort to secure the southern border, taking on the discredited media, and so on and so on. He has taken some big time hits for doing these things from those that stand to lose the most from the changing status quo. The people of this country, at least the ones who wish to see the US succeed based on it's founding principles, are standing with the president still. I am one of these.

Yep, I'm afraid, though, that the establishment will try to have him killed if this investigation falls through (and it's going to). He's not playing by their rules and is emptying their trough.
Mag Tiger
Tiger Stripe said:

Mag Tiger said:

Tiger Stripe said:

Mag Tiger said:

Tigershark89 said:

Tiger Stripe said:

Yep, I'm afraid, though, that the establishment will try to have him killed if this investigation falls through (and it's going to). He's not playing by their rules and is emptying their trough.
I feel exactly the same way. Take the "swamp" for example. Nothing substantial has really changed in regards to the game in DC....how it's played, who plays it, and the probable outcome. I'm firmly convinced there's a cabal of very connected, very powerful people who will do whatever is necessary, up to and including murder, in order to protect their order. Sure, some things change so as to give the appearance of "draining the swamp", but there's no doubt the real status quo is highly intact. People in that kind of power are the same everywhere. They're not going to just give it up.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.